Preimplantation genetic testing is done to identify genetic defects within embryos created by in vitro fertilization (IVF). Also called preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD), this form of testing is used to prevent diseases that can be passed on to the child. Leading IVF fertility treatment center in Los Angeles, Pacific Reproductive Center is proud to be the first IVF center to offer in-house Array Comparative Genomic Hybridization (aCGH) and in-house Pre-implantation Genetic Testing lab, where the most advanced techniques are utilized to screen for genetic abnormalities and, in some cases, to identify and select a specified gender to help create balanced families. Here are the biggest advantages preimplantation genetic testing offers at PRC Los Angeles.
- PGD can test for over 100 varying genetic disorders.
- PGD allows couplesa chance to have healthy, biological children.
- Some couples are at high risk for transmission of genetic disorders. Preimplantation genetic testing at Los Angeles’ Pacific Reproductive Center enables such couples to have biological children.
- Preimplantation genetic testing can reduce the need for amniocentesis later in pregnancy.
- Preimplantation genetic testing helps reduce the chance of conceiving a child with a genetic factor.
Any couple at risk for passing on a genetic disease or condition can benefit from pre-implantation genetic testing at the top fertility clinic in Los Angeles, Pacific Reproductive Center. Possible candidates include:
- Women aged 35 and over
- Carriers of sex-linked genetic disorders
- Carriers of single gene defects
- Those with chromosomal disorders
- Women experiencing recurring pregnancy loss associated with chromosomal concerns