14 Jan 7 Male Infertility Treatment Options
Male infertility is quite common. Studies show that a considerable percentage of infertility problems can be traced to male infertility issues from sperm production to sperm delivery obstruction.
Some common male infertility issues include –
- Abnormal ejaculation
- Blockage of the vas deferens (following vasectomy)
- Varicocele (varicose veins of the testicle)
- Abnormal hormones
- Testicular exposures
- Abnormal erectile function
Your fertility specialist will take a detailed medical history, perform a physical exam, and order a semen analysis. Once the underlying cause of infertility has been identified, your doctor will recommend treatment options, that may include –
- PESA or Percutaneous Epididymal Sperm Aspiration – This is a non-invasive method to retrieve sperm if there is a blockage. Fine needles collect fluid from the epididymis (where sperm is stored after testes produce them).
- TESA or Testicular Sperm Aspiration – As the name suggests, TESA is used to retrieve sperm directly from the testes. This is also a non-invasive procedure.
- Trans-rectal Ultrasound of the Prostate with Seminal Vesicle Aspiration – This is a commonly used test for diagnosis of obstructions – to determine where sperm is being blocked.
- Microscopic Testicular Dissection – The testis tissue is examined under a high-powered microscope, to pinpoint sperm production issues.
- Microscopic Epididymal Sperm Aspiration – This is a procedure that identifies the site of blockage; microsurgical techniques are used to collect a large quantity of sperm from the epididymis.
- Microscopic Vasectomy Reversal/Vasal Reconstruction – This is ideal for men who have undergone vasectomies in the past, but now wish to become fathers. The vasectomy is reversed with a microscopic reconstruction.
- Microscopic Varicocele Repair – Varicose or enlarged veins (varicocele) in the scrotum can reduce sperm production and quality of sperm, often causing infertility. The microscopic varicocele repair is done to ligate the veins and reduce blood flow in the reproductive tract to improve testicular function and lower scrotal temperature.
If you are looking for the best Los Angeles and Irvine fertility clinics and IVF centers, call Pacific Reproductive Center at 866-423-2645 TODAY! PRC has helped thousands of people fulfill the dream of creating families of their own. LA’s Pacific Reproductive Center will answer all your questions and provide you expert guidance to solve your fertility problems.